Sometimes when a mobile user finds their phone in trouble, most users decide to set up the factory again, as it can fix their phone in no time. Another good reason to restore the Pixel and Pixel XL factories is to get a new start on the smartphone. However, you should know before you do the factory reset Google Pixel, you should back up all files and information to prevent data loss. How to back up data on Google Pixel or Pixel XL is by going to Settings> Backup & reset. There are two ways to reset the factory, here are two ways to do a factory reset:
How to do Factory Reset Google Pixel and Pixel XL Phone
- Open the Pixel or Pixel XL notification section and select the gear icon to open Settings.
- From the settings page, select Backup and reset listed under User and Backup
- Make sure all the important ones have been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device.
- Choose Delete all and wait for the process to finish and the phone restarted.
How to Factory Reset Google Pixel and Pixel XL with Hardware Buttons
When you are going to do a factory reset, but you get that touch screen is unresponsive, so you have trouble accessing the menu, or maybe you forget your locking pattern, then you should do reset your Pixel and Pixel XL Board by using hardware key.
- Turn off Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Press and hold the Up Volume, Home button, and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using Volume downselect wipe data/factory reset option and press Power button to select it.
- Using Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- Once Pixel or Pixel XL is rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When Pixel or Pixel XL restarts, everything will be deleted and will be ready to be reinstalled.