With the various problems that you experience on android phones, most people will certainly do the factory reset on the phone, because that’s the fastest way and the best way you can do to fix your phone to get back to normal in a short time. However, in addition to being recommended to do a factory reset on the phone, you are also advised to reset our device as a last resort. Hard reset phone you can do yourself to fix almost all the problems that occur on your android phone is an action you can do, before bringing your phone to the support center to get professional technical assistance. Below is some ways how to reset Google Pixel and Pixel Xl phone.
How to do a Factory Reset Google Pixel or Pixel XL
- Open the Settings app in your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Under Personal, tap Backup & reset.
- Now select Factory data reset> Reset phone.
- If you have set a password for your phone, you will be prompted to enter it.
- When prompted, tap Delete everything.
When you are done deleting it, select the option to reboot your device. After that, you can restore your data from backup. When you have tried the above suggestions, but your phone still has problems, then recovery mode will help you reset Google Pixel or Pixel XL thoroughly.
How to Quickly Reset Google Pixel using Recovery Mode
- Turn off your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Press and hold the Volume down key and press and hold the Power button as well, until your phone is on. You will see Start on the screen.
- Here, you must use the Volume Down to navigate and Power buttons to select an option.
- Press the Volume down button to highlight Recovery mode and then use the Power button to start recovery mode. You will see an Android boot image with an exclamation point or “No Command”.
- Next, press and hold the Power button, and while holding it, press the Volume up button once. Then release the Power button.
- Now, navigate to Wipe data / factory reset and then use Power button to select it.
- Confirm the process by selecting Yes.
- After the reset is complete, use Power button to select Reboot system now.
Doing this reset is expected to help you fix some problems you might encounter with your brand new Pixel phone.
Note: Factory reset takes your device to its original / factory condition, which means your data will be wiped off. Before proceeding, make sure you have created a backup of your data.